5 Tweets that Get Real about the Childcare Crisis
American families are struggling. With the cost of child care rising twice as fast as incomes, family budgets are stretched to the breaking point.
No one knows it better than the parents hustling to care and provide for their families. Check out these five tweets that tell it like it is.
- This mom is doing double-duty and still feels guilty! We need a national child care solution that supports working parents.
guilty working mom problems when you're the last to pick your child up from daycare so you buy him 2 new toys on the way home.
— mac. (@MackenzieRaeM) October 7, 2016
- When child care arrangement falls through, this mom still finds a way to make it work. Our childcare solution has to be flexible, because work and life are unpredictable.
So inspiring to see this young single mom bring her child to class with her because the day care is closed. So strong 😭
— return of the mack (@themacdrea) October 10, 2016
- This dad knows summer isn’t all fun in the sun. Summer day care and camps are out of reach for most families.
Child care is a breeze to a full time working single parent for 6 weeks.
— Robert Adam (@Robadam69) June 12, 2016
- Here’s something to scream about: this fictional company has better family policies than most real ones:
Watching Monsters Inc. with the kids. Anyone else notice that they offer on-site daycare? Sounds like a good company (minus kidnapping kids)
— Shana Westlake (@ShanaWestlake) September 27, 2016
- Parents know exactly what they need! It’s time for our policies to catch up.
If more corporations adopted this on site child care policy it would make life crazy easier for us parents!!!! Or more remote options! https://t.co/KASHXQGD7R
— Mz Coffee (@therealmzcoffee) September 26, 2016