Everything You Need to Know about the MN Primary
Today is Primary Election Day in Minnesota, and kids need your vote! Get up, get out, and cast your vote today!
Here is everything you need to know about voting but were afraid to ask:
- Where do I go to vote today?Find your polling place here: http://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us/ Polls will stay open until 8pm.
- Do I need a photo ID to vote?If you are already registered to vote, you don’t need to bring an ID to vote. If you have voted in the last 5 years and your address hasn’t changed, you are still registered.
- I'm not registered yet. Can I still vote?Yes! You can register at your polling place when you go there to vote. Make sure to bring a photo ID with a current address, OR you can bring a photo ID with an old address PLUS proof of your current address (e.g. a current phone or utility bill).
- What will be on my ballot?See a picture of your sample ballot at this site: http://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/whats-on-my-ballot
- Why do today's races matter?Take a look at MPR News’ coverage of the key races in each congressional district, and why they matters: http://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/08/05/minnesota-primary-guide
- I voted! What else can I do to make kids a national priority?Help us build a movement to close the opportunity gap for Minnesota kids. Contact Vanessa at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
Have any other questions about the Minnesota primary? Tweet at us @ECM_MN!