|This Month’s Awareness: Join us for a fun and exciting experience! This Saturday June 23rd, from 2-5pm join us at Hofstra University in the Student Union building for a fun and exciting BubbleMania show! Click here to register.
What’s going on Nationally:
- All children should have the chance to attend high quality early learning and care programs.
- All of our children deserve a world class education-our nation can afford to give it to them; it can’t afford not to.
- Even though we ship tons of food overseas, millions of American children don’t have enough to eat. As a matter of fact, over 15 million live in poverty. It doesn’t have to be this way.
- None of our children should be left alone after school; they should have a safe, supervised place where they can play and learn while parents work.
- None of our children should suffer from violence at home, at school or in our communities. Ever.
Make your vote count this election year for kids. Click hereto find out how to register to vote or to download a voter registration form. Make your vote count this election year for kids.
What’s going on Statewide:
People that want to get their message about kids across to our presidential candidates are helping lead event this October that will address all children’s issues. If you’d like to help plan an island wide event please click here to contact us. We are not looking for a monetary contribution; just your time, ideas and actions. All are welcome to help plan a civic engagement event for Long Islanders.
What you can do locally:
Families are gathering at Hofstra University this Saturday with letters addressed to the presidential candidates. These letters will express the families concern for kids. A fun party featuring Casey Carle of BubbleMania and other characters will be their to entertain your family. The family who brings in the most letters will win a prize. Click here to register and so you and your family can have fun while engaging civically.
For additional information and things you can do, their are great resources that have everything from guides to tips for parents, activity calendars, proclamations, ways to get involved, how to write a letter and more. Among the great resources are:Every Child Matters-NationalWinning BeginningsUSA.Gov