#NoMoreLead Twitter Storm – Dec. 6, 2016
Please join the Children’s Budget Coalition for a #NoMoreLead tweetstorm Tuesday, December 6 from 3:30-4:30pm ET.
It has been over a year since the lead poisoning crisis in Flint, MI became front page news, and in that time we have learned that sadly Flint is not alone. Hundreds of communities and schools around the country have discovered that their water has tested positive for lead, putting the health of millions of children at risk.
In September, Congress promised funding to address this crisis and prevent future cases of lead exposure. We are calling on Congress to keep their word and pass the $220 million in funding approved by the Senate before the end of the year, so that Flint and other communities can begin to take steps to improve water systems to assist those affected by lead-poisoning, and make sure our schools and homes are safe for kids and families.
We hope you will join us and invite others within your networks to tweet on December 6!
Please consider inviting your members or followers to participate. Here are a few model tweets to get involved and promote the tweetstorm:
- Join us on 12/6 3:30-4:30pm ET to tweet about how #Congress needs to pass funding for lead poisoning prevention & testing. Use #NoMoreLead.
- Congress promised funding for #FlintWaterCrisis! Tweet w/ us on 12/6 3:30-4:30pm ET to demand Congress keeps its promise. Use #NoMoreLead
- Congress STILL hasn’t passed $$ for lead poisoning prevention & testing. Raise your voice on 12/6 3:30-4:30pm ET to demand #NoMoreLead
- Don’t let Congress go home without addressing #FlintWaterCrisis. Tweet w/ us on 12/6 3:30-4:30pm using #NoMoreLead.
Below you will also find some sample tweets and graphics. Feel free to add in your own links to action pages, articles, reports, and graphics. Just make sure to use the #NoMoreLead hashtag for all of your tweets!
If you have questions, comments, or resources to share ahead of time, please email Renee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long must they wait? Tell Congress to keep its promise and pass funding for lead poisoning prevention. bit.do/nomorelead #NoMoreLead (use with graphic #1)
- TAKE ACTION: Tell Congress to keep its promise and pass funding to address the #FlintWaterCrisis. bit.do/nomorelead #NoMoreLead (use with graphic #2)
- Congress STILL hasn’t passed $$ for lead poisoning prevention & testing. Call Congress and demand #NoMoreLead. 202-224-3121 (use with graphic #3)
- Flint isn’t the only place in the US with a lead problem. This is happening all over. Congress must act. #NoMoreLead
- .@CDCgov estimates there are a 1/2 million children ages 1-5 w/ elevated blood lead levels in the US. That’s too much! #NoMoreLead
- “This isn’t something that can be taken back!”says #Tacoma mom Betsy who’s home has lead contamination. http://moms.ly/2c56isT #NoMoreLead
- Check out @CoalitiononHN excellent lead resource page: http://www.chn.org/issues/lead-poisoning/ #NoMoreLead
- .@SenateDems it’s time to pass #WRDA, which will provide assistance to children around the country affected by lead. #NoMorelead (also direct to @SenateGOP, @SenateMajLdr, @SenatorReid, @SenatorBoxer, @jiminhofe)