Public Policy 4 Kids 2015
Thursday, September 24, 2015
See our agenda below, then click here to RSVP!
1:00 p.m. – Welcome & Safety Briefing and Introduction of Welcome Committee Members: Bentina Terry
1:05 p.m. – Fred Levin: City of Pensacola – Step Up For Kids Proclamation Presentation – Mayor Ashton Hayward
1:15 p.m. – Overview of Afternoon/Introduction of Food Research & Action Center (FRAC): Ron Fried
1:20 p.m. – I. Impact Session:
- Keynote Speaker – Etienne Melcher – Senior Child Nutrition Program Coordinator- Food Research & Action Center– Degree of problem in Escambia County (10 min)
- Impacts Panel with Aaron Watson, Levin Law, moderating and including: (45 min with 15 min Q&A)
- Vance Aloupis – State Director, Children’s Movement of Florida to discuss early learning impacts;
- Dr. Tamika Ussery-Freeman Pediatric Hospitalist with Baptist Health Care to discuss impact of hunger and lack of nourishment on short and long-term health; and
- Etienne Melcher – Senior Child Nutrition Program Coordinator – Food Research & Action Center.
2:30 p.m. – BREAK
2:45 – II. Solutions Session:
- Keynote Speaker – Patricia Robbins from Farm Share (10 min)
- Solutions Panel with Patricia Robbins moderating and including: (45 min with 15 min Q&A)
- USDA – Sean Monahan – School & Family Nutrition Strategies;
- Florida Dept. of Agriculture – Christie Meresse – Food, Nutrition, and Wellness Division;
- State Rep. Mike Hill to discuss legislative solutions; and
- Fred Levin to discuss private philanthropy’s response.
4:00 – III. Solutions Brainstorming – Bentina Terry