Let’s Bring Back the American Dream for Iowa’s Kids!
Iowa’s children continue to face serious challenges, including systemic barriers that affect their ability to reach their full potential. This opportunity gap has great impact on a child’s ability to achieve the American Dream. Of the approximately 710,000 children under 18 in Iowa:
- 110,000 live in poverty;
- 25,000 have no health insurance;
- 29.5% receive public only health insurance;
- 76% of children under age 6 have all available parents in the workforce;
- 7,429 are victims of child abuse and neglect; and
- 42,000 3-4 year olds are not enrolled in preschool.
Our elected officials play a critical role to help identify and implement policies to assist our children to reach their full potential. Every Child Matters in Iowa is committed to help educate and engage the candidates in conversation to identify their commitment to children.
You can play a role too! Join with Every Child Matters in Iowa to be a voice for our children, Iowa’s future and learn more about the important issues that face our children.